
And nothing works up an appetite than a long boring ferry ride, of snacking and playing cards and the occasional nap. We got off at Ocracoke and ate lunch at Jasons, he looks rather upset that they stole his name.
Thanks for the yummy lunch Dad.
Then with full bellies we continued to Cape Hatteras, another ferry ride to get there but only about 30 minutes this time.
Then is was off to Kill Devil Hills to see the Wright Brother Museum. This was about a 1 1/2 hour car ride up the Outer Banks. I have been wanted my dad to see the Wright Brother Museum since we saw it last year so I was excited the he could go there.
This is at the top of the hill were the monument. A great view!!!
Then it was off to the beach after a long search for my dads lost cell phone. We did not find it, but the day after some one called from it and it is on its way home. There are good honest people left in the world.
My favorite hubby was able to spend the day with us, I'm so glad he got a little break. 
The water was so cold and only Kali and Tayler got in. Not by choice. Kali fell running from waves and Tayler was playing in a hole that Kali and Jason dug for him and the waves got a little to high and filled in his hole. He was so sad. A long fun day with the fam. After another 2 1/2 car ride we were home.


On Sunday the Easter Bunny found us. I forgot to take pictures of the kids baskets but Kaden got Super Mario Bros. Brawl for the Wii, Tanner got speakers for his MP3 player and Kali got a Webkin and some way cute sunglasses. Jason hates to celebrate holidays so we forced him to join in the pictures.

Kali loves her Jason.

Dying Easter eggs is really fun especially with an almost 2 year old. Talyer loved to plop his eggs into the color and they both ended up crushed by the time he was done. And he had bright pink hands for the rest of the day.





Jason and my dad had to leave on Monday to get back to life, but Chelsea, Tayler and Grandma got to stay. Kali is Grandma's little buddy.
Tuesday we went to Lake Lopus, I don't know if that is the real name but that is what Kevin calls it. Mom by the Azalea's.
While we were there Kali found 2 eggs on the ground that a duck had abandoned, so she made a nest for them out of pine straw and covered them with some feather that she found on the ground.



This is us feeding the ducks, geese, seagulls and we were trying to get the turtles over by us but they wouldn't budge off the rock behind us.
Then off the River Park North. Tayler loved piggy back rides from the kiddo's
Photo shoot in the swamp


There is a little play ground by the walking trail. Kali was sitting on the seals head and slid off and her belt got stuck and instead of helping her we all grabbed our camera and started shooting. It was so funny.
On the way to the airport I wanted to take Tayler to see more turtles in little Washington. The kids got Bills hot dogs and we took a little walk down the boardwalk. Tanner found a cell phone on a bench, so we thought we would pay it forward and find out who's it was and called home and a lady answered and had just left the boardwalk with her grand kids, and was very thankful that we called and she came back and got the cell phone.


The kids watching for turtles. There were only a few out.

Before everyone came Kali's tooth was very loose. She wanted to wait to pull it until everyone got there. On the way to the airport Chelsea told her she need to loose it before they left. So Kali put her fingers in her mouth and her tooth popped right out. Kali said "look I lost my tooth" no one believed her. But there it was. Cute girl. Thanks for taking time to visit, we really appreciate it. It makes being so far away not so hard.

12 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun that is so nice your fam got to come visit you.I wish we lived so close to a beach it would be so fun. love the green meal and Easter stuff!!
Thats so awesome you got visitors. Looks like you guys were keeping busy! We love the Outerbanks, it's a blast. Love the seal picture with Kal, way funny!
Kim, I love all the pictures. Thanks for such a great vacation. Love, Mom
I love all the pictures, especially the ones of the kids holding the egs. Your kids crack me up.
How nice to have the family visit! You'll need to teach me how to post so many pictures! I swear, I can only do 4 or 5 and then it won't let me do any more. I love the pic of Kali on the seal. Too cute!
what a fun trip out there with your family. You sure do know how to treat your guests! Wow! You saw some amazing things. Love that you are exploring your own area!
Glad you got to see your family
What a fun family visit, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Kali cracks me up! You have a cute such a cute family. It's snowing here today. I wish I was at the beach!
What a fun time you had with your family. Gotta love holidays!
I thought I already commented here, anyway........I love the pictures! What cute kiddos you have. I wish I could have been there with you guys. I guess we will just have to make some new memories this summer!
After seeing all your beautiful pictures, I think that I want to move back with you!
I can't beleive how fast your kids are growing up! Great pictures! It looks like you guys are becoming great explorers in great weather! There is still snow on the ground from the last storm! I am ready to come for a visit! We miss you guys and love the seal picture! Jill
Ohhhhhhh I wish I had been there. I know you guys will never forgive me or believe me. Life is too busy. Sounds like you guys had such a great time. I can't wait to see it all for myself.
MISS YOU GUYS!
Post a Comment