We love to take road trips, with teenagers who are so busy with life it is hard to get to take them. So we take what we get. We headed up to Prescott, Sedona, and Flagstaff this past weekend. We left Friday when the kids got out of school and spent the night in Prescott. We left early the next morning and headed to Sedona. On the way we went through a little town called Jerome. It was the most unique town I think I have seen. It was an old mining town built on the side of a mountain. We went to a Ghost Town, where they had the biggest collection of old rusty cars I've seen. Again stupid blogger mixed up my pictures.
A really unique motor home
This old guy has lived and worked here for the past 30 years.
They had goats, chickens, and a donkey, and gave the kids food to feed them
This was a pickers dream. There was so much cool junk everywhere
Later that day we ended up in Sedona and Slide Rock.
This water was the coldest water I have ever been in. The kids said it was even colder than Bloomington Lake.
There were parts that were as shallow as a few inches to maybe 10 feet deep
after sliding for a while we decided to hike up the river. It is so pretty in Oak Creek Canyon
The kids kept doing pull ups on the over hangs
After hiking for a while Kevin spotted this lovely thing in the water, we left shortly after. Creepy
The kids were kind of hesitant about going but I think they had a great time. Sometimes we just have to force them to do stuff because we know they will like it in the end,
We got to the hotel, went to Sizzler, and Kali went swimming. The gym was right by the pool so Me and the boys worked out while Kali swam. Tanner is obsessed with working out. So we had a family work out night we worked out for almost 2 hours. Kaden did the oliptical for 10 miles, 1 hour and burned over 1100 calories. Tanner ran for 2 miles, we did some weights and ab work. It was actually so much fun working out with the family. I think we will do that more often.
Kali and Kevin had fun doing puppet shows.
We love our benefits at Marriott we get from Kevins mom. We take full advantage of it.
On the way home from Flagstaff there were miles of yellow fields. So we pulled over so I could take some pictures.
That is Snow Bowl in the back ground.
Here is the beginning of the trip. Stupid blogger. This is the ghost town in Jerome.
Just a small portion of the car collection
We thought we were going to be able to go in the haunted mine. But when we got there the girl said the city shut it down:(
The boys checking out the out house
That is a look back at the town of Jerome
The view headed into Sedona
The water was so cold at Slide Rock
It was so pretty
Some more yellow fields.

1 comment:
I love all your pics. That last one should be in a frame. Can I steal it. ;0)
Post a Comment