Saturday, May 5, 2012

Spring 2012


Spring came and went way to fast here in AZ.  Everyone, but me, did soccer again.  Tanner and Kaden were on the same team.  I love watching them play together.  They were on a very good team this time.  They tied for first place in the season.  Tanner sadly had to sit out most of the season.  He sprained his ankle 2 minutes into the first game.  He played the last 2 or 3 games and sprained his other ankle the last few minutes of the last game.  The last games of the season were so cold. 55 and so windy. 

Tanner's first game after healing from his injury, he played just the second half and scored 4 goals.

 Kaden was amazing as well, he is doing so good.  He scored 7 or 8 goals this season.


 The last 2 or 3 games my cute boys were team captains.
 Kali was chosen to be on a team by a dad who thought could do a way better job with the girls then the coach last year.  Well he one upped him my winning 1 game all the season.  Kali did so good though,  she loves to play defense and was goalie a few times.  She is a very good defender, very fast and aggressive.


 EASTER 2012,  holidays are so different with my kids getting older, and moving away from my family.  Kevin had to work this easter as well so it was very low key.  Kali got this swing,  she told me she has always wanted a swing that we could tie to a tree,  now in our new yard we finally can.
 Kali having a  picnic with her puppies
 Chelsea set a picture around of Savaya for Easter, in a cute green puffy skirt and bunny ears.  so I thought it would be funny to dress my kids the same and send them to her.  Tanner would not participate:(

 dying easter eggs!!!!

 Tanner loves to do the fun holiday stuff but wont let me get very good proof.
 Kali stayed home sick from school one day, and needed her puppies to take of her.
 this is Kali's 10 year old version of dress up
 Kaden did not want to play baseball this year,  this made me very sad:(  but it turns out that his 8th grade team needed him.  They begged and begged until he agreed to play, he said he would play if he didn't have to go to practice.  He had soccer practice 2 times a week and didn't think he could handle both.  So he has played in the games and they are in first place.  He has done amazing.  They are going to play offs this week.  He is glad he played by the way.  I knew he would like it if he just did it.

 The only shoes he had was his soccer cleats.  I wasn't going to buy his baseball shoes if he is never going to play again.  So he wears his soccer cleats, they just happen to be purple (cuz its cool to wear crazy color soccer cleats) (not so cool for baseball)  His coach call him Willy, short for Willy Wonka.  Kaden loves it!!
 Getting some last minute advise form his dad.


 More soccer fun.


 wow Tanner is classy like that:)

 Kevin has been playing like crazy as well.  He finally found a team 35 and older.  That is more his speed.  His team came in first place!!!


 The biggest event of the spring.  Yes that is Tanner driving.  Scarry!!!  No he actually does really well, we have not done the freeways yet but he is getting the roads down pretty good.
 I asked him why he didn't smile and he said non of his friends smiled for theirs
 He is smiling here, he is so excited.
 A little out of order, but here he is studying for the big test.
 I did something this spring that I have not done in 16 years.  I took a trip by myself, no husband, no kids.  It was very hard but I totally deserved it.  I went home for my 36th birthday.  I have not got to spend my birthday with my family (especially my Twin) for 6 years. While I was there I was lucky enough to watch my nieces and nephew for a day while Amy had surgery.   The girls were so cute.
 Here we are, I think we kind of look alike in this picture.
 A picture of the Grand Canyon from the plane.
 This is a picture of Camel Back mountain.  We have hiked it a few times, it was neat to see it from the air.

No comments: