Friday, August 10, 2007

A quick recap

I don't want to bore you to death so I will do a somewhat quick recap of our fabulous time in UTAH


I will start out by saying we had such a great time in Utah!!! Amy made us feel right at home. She spoiled us, now I need to clean and shop and all that not fun stuff. We are glad to be home. Kevin missed us so much, he had made the kids some welcome home signs for their rooms and had decorated with streamers all over, it was very cute. He had also picked out a few school outfits for each of them. And had gotten me some sign boards and some shorts, how sweet is he. One thing that we are going to have to adjust to is the humidity, it is awful, for all those who have experienced it you know what I am talking about. It is like walking into a sauna. I went outside for a few minutes and one of my neighbors were walking down the street so I started to talk to them, I was out for maybe 5 minutes and I was dripping sweat. Not fun at all. Ok on with my summer.

Kaden birthday party

Kaden had his party at the new bountiful rec, aka the bubble, he had a great time.

we rounded up as many kids that could come and that still remembered us and called it a party



he didn't want a cake so we had doughnuts. Thank you for all who came we had a great time.
Feeding Mylie

Mylie started eating baby food while we were there. Amy let my kids feed her, they thought that was so fun.

Jason's B-day party

My littlest brother is now 16, I was 15 when he was born so that makes me feel so old.
A week or so after he got his licence he wanted to take my kids to the new simpson's movie at Gateway. So I let him, he drove out there and got to the movie and brought them back safely. Good job Jason.
Bear Lake

We went to Bear Lake 3 times, we love it up there. This is the new scooter my dad surprised my mom with, it was a lot of fun.
Ky the family dog loves to be the center of attention, isn't she cute.







My kids are the biggest dare devils, I don't know were they get it from, I couldn't keep Tanner off Jasons pitt bike. And they wanted to go on the 4 wheeler all day long.
Baseball and fireworks

I took my kids to the Bees game on the 24th. I was so much fun, Amy, Jeff, Ethan, Mylie, and my dad came. The fireworks were amazing. The Bees lost.



Lake Powell

If I had to decide on one of my favorite places on earth it would be Lake Powell. We had a great time.



And yes I did cut my hair, 11 inches in fact. I am donating it to lock of love.

Kaden is a great wake boarder. He even went out side the wake.


They only time the kids are excited to take baths is at lake Powell, so I take advantage of it, even though they are not way clean it makes me feel better.



we all like to have a book at Lake Powell for the down times, we had 4 copies of the newest Harry Potter, Tanner and Jeff just started in the phenomenon and finished the first, Mylie has just started.

Most every year we make a movie during our week here, this is a behind the scene shot. He is ok it is just katsup.
A family picture minus dad

She is so brave you couldn't pay me enough to touch a lizard
They day before we left I went out to lunch with some friends from grade school.
It is amazing how we have we have multiplied.
Some last minute shots of all the grandkids on Ethans new park (playground).

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I think you won the award for having the best summer ever! Nothing like being on vacation for 3 months. Glad I got to see you right before you left. Even if it was at Walmart :)
Your pictures are wonderful and what an adorable family you have!

Heather Jones said...

It is so nice to see you are home and updated your blog!!!I can't believe you cut your hair !!! Way to go on donating it,isn't that your favorite to cut peoples hair off when they donate it I am trying to talk Kylie into doing that!!! I love all your pictures it looks like you had the best summer ever if only Kevin could have been there.I wish we would have found you at Bear lake that would have been so fun!